Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strawberry Explosion

So our strawberry patch has pretty much exploded the last few days. On Saturday we brought in a whole bowl full of them from the garden and then yesterday we got two bowlfuls from the garden. Wowsers! We have strawberry's coming out of our ears. I made a double batch of strawberry freezer jam with the first day's worth of berries and I've given most of them away, so I could make more jam, but I don't know what else to really make other than strawberry pie. Does anyone have any good recipes with strawberries?

These are our first batch of berries. The second time we harvested this bowl was overflowing and another one was just as full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys can make me anything with strawberries, anytime.

My mom has a delicious recipe for strawberry-rhubarb pie that might help with your "strawberry explosion".

Beyond that...I can't help you much. Sorry...