Sunday, September 26, 2010

Anniversary Trip

So as many of you have noticed I'm not good at blogging, but I'm going to keep trying to keep my goal for the last 4 weeks.

I never blogged about our anniversary trip. For our 6th year anniversary my mom was in town so she watched Ryan for two nights while James and I went to St. George. We had a hotel voucher we got from buying our couches at RC Willey last year so our hotel was free and we ate at some awesome restaurants. James got an awesome Cannon Rebel for his anniversary present. I'll just post some pics to show you the trip.


We stopped at a Ghost Town (Silver Reef) on the way to St. George, in Leeds.

We searched on the internet for restraunts before going and this one looked really good. It was amazing!
I loved the interior design and they had huge pieces of artwork on the walls. This picture is blurry, but it's the only one our waiter took.

James had an amazing meatloaf that was infused with Tabasco and other yummy spices.
I was still full from our lunch at Jack n' the Box so I had a really good salad that had lots of fruit, nuts, and a yummy vinaigrette dressing. I love restaurants that present their food and make it look so pretty.
We had my favorite for dessert, deep fried Oreos with a milkshake for dipping. It was divine!

On Friday, James and I hiked around Zion National Park. You can read more about the hikes on my hubby's hiking blog. We did the River Trail, Upper Emerald Pools from the Kayenta Trail, Middle Emerald Pools, and Weeping Rock.


After a long day of hiking we ate dinner at the Anazasi Steak House. We started off with Cheese Fondue and then had two amazing steaks that came out rare on a volcanic stone that kept cooking your meat while on your plate, that way you could have your meat exactly how you liked it. I had filet mignon and James had a bison steak. They were amazing. To top it all off we had dessert fondue at the end. We found out that you got free movie tickets when you got dinner with an appetizer and dessert there so we went to see Scott Pilgram v.s the World. It was amazing! One of our favorite movies now.


On our way home on Saturday we stopped at Kolob Canyon and did a little hike called Timber Creek Overlook.

We also made a stop to Cedar Breaks National Monument to see the sites, which included a field full of sheep that were also all over the road and many majestic overlooks.



We had lots of fun on our trip and were really grateful to my mom for watching Ryan for the weekend.

No comments: